Let's learn MANGA and Illustration
at the Human Academy Colleges.
School directly connected to your dreams, where your "Like" maybe turned into your "Career"
We have a wide variety of exceptional teachers consists of industry professionals thoroughly covering all genres! Your door to the debuting as a professional is widened through the closer and stronger pipelines to the MANGA industries! All of our students are given a finely tuned supports catered for each student's needs to maximize his/her personal quality and their talents! We will support you every step of the way toward the pursuit of your dreams with Human Academy's own thorough backup system!
- Greater Chances for Debuting and Landing a Job!
- "Stronger" pipelines with the MANGA industry.
- Through and kind attention to each student.
Intended for: Those who hold the visa to stay in Japan, and those with N3 level of Japanese-Language Proficiency Test or equivalent.
Illustration and Character Design Course
- Admission fee
- JPY 32,400
- JPY 345,600
- Course period
- 6 months
You can learn how to draw illustrations with once-a-week lessons! You will learn how to use the pen tablets! Why don't you join us to learn how to draw professional looking illustration only in 6 months?
With this course, you will of course acquire hand-drawing skills as well as CG skills, but you will also get the guidance for how to express the views of the world surrounding the illustrations and characters that you want to draw.
For those taking a course through Human Academy Japanese Language School, you will be given a special perks including the waiver for admissions fee, and 30% discount of your tuition. Please contact us for more details.
Strengths featured by the course
1. You can casually start taking the classes once a week either on the weeknights or weekend, and novice illustrators/MANGA artists can join the course.
2. You will, of course, acquire hand-drawing skills as well as CG skills.
3. Classes are provided in smaller groups in order to cater to specific needs of students from those wishing to take course to acquire the skills for their hobbies to those wishing to become professional illustrators.
|Dot images||Students will learn how to draw dot images that are used for icons on mobile phones in order to learn the basics of Photoshop.|
|Line correction||Students will practice the correction methods necessary for retrieval and coloring of hand-drawn line drawings.|
|Character coloring||Students will learn how to color the characters drawn by lines. The class is intended for the students to acquire the image processing techniques including highlighting and shadowing.|
|Backgrounds||Students will learn how to trace from the background pictures, and practice image processing and coloring methods to make the drawings appear more 3D'ish.|
|Draw an illustratioin work||Students will create their own original pieces based on the "characters," and "background creation techniques."|
|Portfolio creation guidance||Students will also start working on their portfolios for their job search/career change activities.|
(Takadanobaba Station of JR-line)
- Human Kyoiku Center Daiichi Building, 4-2-2 Takadanobaba, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo
(Shinsaibashi Station of Midosuji-line)
- Midosuji MID bldg. 9F 4-3-2 Minamisemba, Chuo-ku, Osaka